Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
avatar
larzi
attending
Posts : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-12-20

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:27 pm
it seems not a good idea, i think people prefer their own rooms is better
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer
Posts : 2204
Reputation : 317
Join date : 2018-03-23

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi, you should still be able to make it work like you mentioned, just mark the other staff WCs as staff-only (red) too.
The main reason of this change is to give you the option to prevent staff from using rooms you intend only for patients - here's how the different setups can work:

- If all WCs on a floor are marked green, everybody will just use the closest one
- If you mark certain ones as red, these become the staff only ones. Staff will use the closest staff-only ones, patients the closest green ones.

Hope this helps, let us know if you managed to get everything to work as expected!
avatar
larzi
attending
Posts : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-12-20

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:51 am
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, you should still be able to make it work like you mentioned, just mark the other staff WCs as staff-only (red) too.
The main reason of this change is to give you the option to prevent staff from using rooms you intend only for patients - here's how the different setups can work:

- If all WCs on a floor are marked green, everybody will just use the closest one
- If you mark certain ones as red, these become the staff only ones. Staff will use the closest staff-only ones, patients the closest green ones.

Hope this helps, let us know if you managed to get everything to work as expected!

Thank you for your reply. The problem has been solved, but what about this situation? I think the disadvantages of this change outweigh the advantages. It's a mess.
avatar
larzi
attending
Posts : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-12-20

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 am
After the floor of the toilet changed from green to red, the room was lost.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer
Posts : 2204
Reputation : 317
Join date : 2018-03-23

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:18 pm
Hi, you have some good points, we'll have a chat with the designers and we can probably make 'the blue areas' work the same as 'the red areas', which should address the two examples from your screenshots. Probably worth noting that you can also mark individual tiles staff-only, for example the ones with water dispensers in the offices - that should make them get used again without breaking the room functionality.

And regarding the last screenshot - only toilets available for patients are counted in the list, if you mark them all as staff only, patients from this department will start using toilets from different departments (the room is mandatory only at emergency).
avatar
larzi
attending
Posts : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-12-20

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, you have some good points, we'll have a chat with the designers and we can probably make 'the blue areas' work the same as 'the red areas', which should address the two examples from your screenshots. Probably worth noting that you can also mark individual tiles staff-only, for example the ones with water dispensers in the offices - that should make them get used again without breaking the room functionality.

And regarding the last screenshot - only toilets available for patients are counted in the list, if you mark them all as staff only, patients from this department will start using toilets from different departments (the room is mandatory only at emergency).

why she could not wash her hands? later , I built a separate restroom for my employees, they still don't wash their hands, but they wash their hands in the toilet of common room.

and I don't think you understand the meaning of "ccc.tif "(or because my English is too poor to understand what you mean), I only changed the color of one tile then the system didn't recognize the restroom,Is that all right? I tried again, one restroom with red and green or only red, the system is not recognized(but employees still can use it and patients can't), only all green, so it must be built for employees and patients respectively ?

avatar
larzi
attending
Posts : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-12-20

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:23 am
There are still a few questions:

Will the dexterity of the janitor increase? It's still 1% after 75 days.

Can general surgery specialization be improved by surgery(The same as other departments)? A doctor can perform an operation,but related specialization
is 0% , isn't it a little strange? Even assisted surgery can gain related specialization experience,but the surgeon can not?


jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer
Posts : 2204
Reputation : 317
Join date : 2018-03-23

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm
larzi wrote:
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, you have some good points, we'll have a chat with the designers and we can probably make 'the blue areas' work the same as 'the red areas', which should address the two examples from your screenshots. Probably worth noting that you can also mark individual tiles staff-only, for example the ones with water dispensers in the offices - that should make them get used again without breaking the room functionality.

And regarding the last screenshot - only toilets available for patients are counted in the list, if you mark them all as staff only, patients from this department will start using toilets from different departments (the room is mandatory only at emergency).

why she could not wash her hands? later ,  I built a separate restroom for my employees, they still don't wash their hands, but they wash their hands in the toilet of common room.

and I don't think you understand the meaning of "ccc.tif "(or because my English is too poor to understand what you mean), I only changed the color of one tile then the system didn't recognize the restroom,Is that all right? I tried again, one restroom with red and green or only red, the system is not recognized(but employees still can use it and patients can't), only all green, so it must be built for employees and patients respectively ?


Hi, the "ccc.tif" was just the filename of one of your screenshots Smile

Anyway, thanks for the details, we now have a build on the beta branch on Steam that you can try - the problem with washing hands should be fixed and also there's no need anymore to mark objects in blue rooms as staff only, that should now work automatically.

Here's how to switch to beta:
- Right click Project Hospital in the library list on Steam, go to properties
- Choose beta under the betas tab (second screenshot here https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/branches )
- Wait for the game to update

Let us know if it helped!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer
Posts : 2204
Reputation : 317
Join date : 2018-03-23

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:32 pm
larzi wrote:There are still a few questions:

    Will the dexterity of the janitor increase?   It's still 1% after 75 days.

    Can general surgery specialization be improved by surgery(The same as other departments)? A doctor can perform an operation,but related specialization
is 0% , isn't it a little strange? Even assisted surgery can gain related specialization experience,but the surgeon can not?


Hi, the dexterity should improve, if it doesn't, it's a bug - let me double-check Smile

Regarding the specializations for surgery - it's the same on all departments, it might just be that the name 'surgery' can be a bit confusing - not sure how it's translated, but this is how the English names are used:
- General Surgery - that's the basic skill at the department and is used and improved by working at the clinic side or by assisting at surgery
- Operative Surgery - the (more advanced) specialization used by the surgeon leading a surgery

I hope it makes a bit more sense now!
avatar
larzi
attending
Posts : 38
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-12-20

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:
larzi wrote:There are still a few questions:

    Will the dexterity of the janitor increase?   It's still 1% after 75 days.

    Can general surgery specialization be improved by surgery(The same as other departments)? A doctor can perform an operation,but related specialization
is 0% , isn't it a little strange? Even assisted surgery can gain related specialization experience,but the surgeon can not?


Hi, the dexterity should improve, if it doesn't, it's a bug - let me double-check Smile

Regarding the specializations for surgery - it's the same on all departments, it might just be that the name 'surgery' can be a bit confusing - not sure how it's translated, but this is how the English names are used:
- General Surgery - that's the basic skill at the department and is used and improved by working at the clinic side or by assisting at surgery
- Operative Surgery - the (more advanced) specialization used by the surgeon leading a surgery

I hope it makes a bit more sense now!

Thank you. Maybe my description is inaccurate. please look at the screenshot, this doctor's operative surgery is 49% but general
surgery is 0%, because he can not get exp from "surgery/trauma", is this the game's setting?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer
Posts : 2204
Reputation : 317
Join date : 2018-03-23

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:23 am
Hi, well, the surgeon from the screenshot looks a bit peculiar, but this situation is possible - did you transfer him from another department/choose a different specialization by any chance? Smile If you hire a surgeon for the department, the first specialization should be already at around 50-70%.

The way specializations improve is based on what examinations/treatments the doctor does, it's always one specialization linked to the given examination/treatment/surgery. Doctors performing examinations improve in the first specialization, surgeons that only perform surgery will only improve their operative surgery specialization.
Sponsored content

[RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)? Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Staff prefer staff-only rooms if available (like wc)?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum