Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

[NEED MORE INFO] Reception Glitch Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Reception Glitch

Thu May 09, 2019 12:12 pm
A previously working reception area is no longer accepting staff and cannot be used.

Ground floor - General Surgery
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Reception Glitch Attachment
Reception Glitch.zip Save GameYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Reception Glitch Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Reception Glitch

Thu May 09, 2019 2:26 pm
Hi, looking at the save, the problem could be that it's currently night/night shift active, when I switched to day shift in management mode, I could hire a receptionist without a problem (checking in the current Steam version).

Btw - one more tip regarding the reception (and especially the one at Emergency): it can be made more efficient by marking the tiles and chairs in front of the reception desk as part of the reception room, so multiple patients can wait there at once.

Hope this helps, cheers!
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sun May 12, 2019 3:40 pm
When I re-loaded the game after posting it had sorted itself out. I wish I'd taken a screen shot of it now. What actually happened was when I had the department selected, and was in the build mode where you can lay rooms down, the little flag for selecting / hiring an employee didn't exist at all for the reception. It had no errors (Missing equipment), just no staff.

As for the tip, I've tried doing that a few times but no one actually uses the chairs to wait for the receptionist
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 am
Hi, thanks for the update! It looks like it was a hidden error - if it happens again, could you please attach the log file as well? That could help us identify what exactly went wrong.

Regarding the tip - it really depends on the number of patients coming to the hospital, if there are never two patients going to the reception at once it won't really have any benefits, but for big clinics it can make quite a difference.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum