Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Cicero
resident

Sell Everything Empty Sell Everything

Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 pm
Is it possible or is it going to be possible to sell the hospital to restart with more starting money and unlocked tech while not just playing sandbox?
Similar to how Prison Architect works?

After a hiatus I'd now like to bulldoze the whole hospital and build a big one from the ground up but I also don't want to lose insane amounts of money.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Sell Everything Empty Re: Sell Everything

Wed May 15, 2019 10:10 am
Hi, this is not unfortunately something we considered to enable directly in the game (especially with the cheap loans that are available), but I can at least suggest a couple of workarounds. Smile

- If you start and save a new game, you can actually edit the balance in the save file - if you unzip and open the xml, search for <m_currentBalance>, edit the number and zip it back up (this bug reporting thread should help you find the save files: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs)
- By default you get a 50% refund for all deleted equipment, you can increase this in the Tweakables.xml file under ProjectHospital_Data\StreamingAssets\Database, look for TWEAKABLE_BUILDING_REFUND_PERCENT

Hope this helps, let me know if you choose to try one of these and need any more info!
Cicero
resident

Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 pm
Hello,

first and foremost, thanks for the reply. I went with the simple edit to give me enough money for a rebuilt.

I didn't just start a completely new game because I wanted to keep the staff - and again - not unlock everything.
The second motivator for suggesting this selling option would be to choose a new map which you can't do as of
right now.
I'd like to see that feature someday but regardless, keep up your great work.

Cheers!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue May 21, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi, glad to hear the workaround helped, thanks for the confirmation!
And while this is not a high priority, there might be some easy solutions we could implement at some point in the future, adding full refunds to options is probably the most straightforward one.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum