Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
RayRoy
RayRoy
resident

[RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department Empty [RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department

Tue May 28, 2019 9:01 pm
Hi, I play this save file specifically to recreate bugs that I encountered in other hospitals.

There are three, possibly related problems.

(1) Regular ward patient was manually selected for HDU hospitalization, sometimes they never get transported to HDU ward.
(2) Related to the first point, sometimes HDU option is grayed out or even missing completely from the "Available treatments" box.
(3) Patients, once settled in a ward, they won't get transported to other department's ward after being selected. The exception seems to be transporting to ICU.

David Martinez in General Surgery is in regular ward, he exhibits problem (1) - See DavidMartinezNoHDU.zip
Daniel Hernandez in General Surgery is in regular ward, he exhibits problem (2) - See DavidMartinezNoHDU.zip

Problem (3) is more consistent, it seems that patients in any ward never get moved to the respective department's ward even after successfully switching the department. N̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶O̶r̶t̶h̶o̶p̶a̶e̶d̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶"̶M̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶,̶"̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶. - See OrthoBug.zip

There are four bugs in total that I spotted in this playthrough.
Attachments
[RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(45 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by RayRoy on Wed May 29, 2019 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RayRoy
RayRoy
resident

[RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department Empty Re: [RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department

Wed May 29, 2019 12:24 pm
Update: Sorry, my bad, there's no bug concerning the "Missing required staff." I just realized that I missed out 1 doctor for the daytime surgery, despite that the counter shows that there are more doctors than I needed, I forgot that I unchecked "assist surgery" from two other doctors which misled me into thinking that.

So there's only one problem demonstrated in OrthoBug.zip - which patients don't get transferred to different department's ward.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department Empty Re: [RESOLVED]Patients Don't Get Transported to HDU/Ward in Other Department

Wed May 29, 2019 2:04 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for the detailed report and the update! I was just about to reply and suggest checking the 'assist at surgery' role. Smile

Having quickly checked both saves, we can see the other issues even in the latest version, so we'll have a detailed look at what exactly is happening.
Regarding 2), there are some rules related to the patient's symptoms/overall hazard that make HDU available or hidden from the list, but we can probably consider always keeping it there as it's sometimes useful to free a bed in normal priority ward by moving a patient to HDU instead - did you find this becoming an actual problem at some point or just confusing? Smile
RayRoy
RayRoy
resident

Wed May 29, 2019 2:57 pm
Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was a bug because there's an inconsistency, some regular ward patients have the option to be transferred to HDU while some doesn't (and I couldn't find the reason why).

I would say it's a bit confusing since I have no idea which symptoms/hazard that is preventing some patients from being transferred to the HDU, it's odd that a patient can't be transfer from regular to HDU ward despite that HDU is a higher priority one. If I guess correctly, HDU's priority is between regular ward and ICU right? The difference is that ICU option is always available for idled, diagnosed patients regardless of how minor the sickness/injury are.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:09 pm
RayRoy wrote:Hi, I play this save file specifically to recreate bugs that I encountered in other hospitals.

There are three, possibly related problems.

(1) Regular ward patient was manually selected for HDU hospitalization, sometimes they never get transported to HDU ward.
(2) Related to the first point, sometimes HDU option is grayed out or even missing completely from the "Available treatments" box.
(3) Patients, once settled in a ward, they won't get transported to other department's ward after being selected. The exception seems to be transporting to ICU.

David Martinez in General Surgery is in regular ward, he exhibits problem (1) - See DavidMartinezNoHDU.zip
Daniel Hernandez in General Surgery is in regular ward, he exhibits problem (2) - See DavidMartinezNoHDU.zip

Problem (3) is more consistent, it seems that patients in any ward never get moved to the respective department's ward even after successfully switching the department. N̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶O̶r̶t̶h̶o̶p̶a̶e̶d̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶"̶M̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶f̶f̶,̶"̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶a̶r̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶. - See OrthoBug.zip

There are four bugs in total that I spotted in this playthrough.

Hi, I will try to shed some light on the remaining bugs.
We are looking into the "HDU not available for all the patients" and the "missing required staff when you turn of the assist at surgery" problems and will to find better solutions:)
1) I was actually unable to reproduce this one. Do you by any chance remember how that happened and in what state the patient might have been? It could help me track down the cause of this bug.
3)This one is a little bit trickier. When a patient is under doctors control and you switch the department, patient will not be transferred, because the AI will evaluate that patient is in correct department (based on selected diagnoses or by most likely possible diagnoses) and will switch the department back.
What was missing though is that if you take the patient under your care, patient should be moved. But you if you release the patient from your care, the patient will be evaluated again and most likely moved back. This was added now and after proper testing will be added into one of our upcoming patches:)

Have a great day
RayRoy
RayRoy
resident

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:34 pm

We are looking into the "HDU not available for all the patients" and the "missing required staff when you turn of the assist at surgery" problems and will to find better solutions:)
1) I was actually unable to reproduce this one. Do you by any chance remember how that happened and in what state the patient might have been? It could help me track down the cause of this bug.
3)This one is a little bit trickier. When a patient is under doctors control and you switch the department, patient will not be transferred, because the AI will evaluate that patient is in correct department (based on selected diagnoses or by most likely possible diagnoses) and will switch the department back.
What was missing though is that if you take the patient under your care, patient should be moved. But you if you release the patient from your care, the patient will be evaluated again and most likely moved back. This was added now and after proper testing will be added into one of our upcoming patches:)

Have a great day

Hi,

I tried reproducing it, and from the first glance, it seems that there's nothing wrong with it since all patients from regular ward were successfully transported to HDU when I chose. So I tried one more thing, I reloaded the save, and selected several of the same patients under my care, and I select HDU hospitalization again - they remains in the regular ward and HDU hospitalization remains on a permanent blinking state. I switched them back to doctor's control and still they still stayed there until they got released from the hospital.

And thanks for the fix!

Last edited by RayRoy on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatted the quotation.)
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:56 am
RayRoy wrote:

Have a great day

Hi,

I tried reproducing it, and from the first glance, it seems that there's nothing wrong with it since all patients from regular ward were successfully transported to HDU when I chose. So I tried one more thing, I reloaded the save, and selected several of the same patients under my care, and I select HDU hospitalization again - they remains in the regular ward and HDU hospitalization remains on a permanent blinking state. I switched them back to doctor's control and still they still stayed there until they got released from the hospital.

And thanks for the fix!

Hi and thank you for the additional information, that really helped in tracking down the bug and was fixed:) All of the changes will be added to one of our upcoming patches, after some proper testing. So thank you again and have a great day
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum