Go down
Gito
medic

GOG and access to mods Empty GOG and access to mods

on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:22 pm
Hi,

I already know that the GOG version of the game has mod support (put the mod into the "\Assets\StreamingAssets\Addons" folder). But how do customers who bought the game on GOG.com access mods? Mods are only available on the Steam Workshop. Because of that mod support is effectively only existent for the Steam version of the game. Please provide another way to get mods.

Best regards,
Gito
sleepy068
intern

GOG and access to mods Empty Re: GOG and access to mods

on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:46 am
Hi Gito,

I think Github would be the perfect solution here, I'm working on a Oncology department mod and will absolutely upload it there so non-steam users can download releases. Might be worth a shot seeing if other modders would be happy to upload their mods there too (and link to them from this forum). This would be a very similar setup to Kerbal Space Program's modding community and they are very active (they do use Curse and 3rd party mod management software as well though).
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

on Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi all, let me just quickly confirm that the game supports/loads mods put by hand to the Addons folder just the same as the ones downloaded from workshop, the only difference is the folder location.

It's of course up to each author of every mod to share the files, but we definitely support making the mods widely available on github, mod DB or anywhere else and we can for example add a link on the workshop page to let people know that you've started organizing things and other authors are welcome to join - so keep us in the loop! Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum