Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DrAndy
DrAndy
attending

[RESOLVED] Text Resolutions Empty [RESOLVED] Text Resolutions

Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:19 am
Some texts are hard to read and bad formating. My resolution is 3440 x 1440, so 2k ultra wide. Some treatments are so near to each other it's sometimes hard to differentiate. Also the captions are weird formating. Maybe it's because of the german strings are too long.

[EDIT: I already tried UI Scalling. Doesn't change the formating only how big the text is, not when to use a new line.]

Screenshots can be found here
Sourcecode: https://imgur.com/a/LJKAoUD
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Text Resolutions Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Text Resolutions

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:34 pm
Hi, thanks for catching this! The text should scale automatically, but in some resolutions we get wrong size data from the engine, so we need to try to fix these cases by hand. I'll add this one on our list.
Btw yes, I'm afraid that German texts are a bit more vulnerable to this as they're generally longer than the English ones...
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 pm
DrAndy wrote:Some texts are hard to read and bad formating. My resolution is 3440 x 1440, so 2k ultra wide. Some treatments are so near to each other it's sometimes hard to differentiate. Also the captions are weird formating. Maybe it's because of the german strings are too long.

[EDIT: I already tried UI Scalling. Doesn't change the formating only how big the text is, not when to use a new line.]

Screenshots can be found here
Sourcecode: https://imgur.com/a/LJKAoUD

Hi and thank you for the report. As it turned out, the heading panel was missing the automatic scaling, so it was added and it will be fixed in the next patch:) Have a great day
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum