Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
robsassy
resident

[RESOLVED]Doctor going outside to pick up printed prescription Empty [RESOLVED]Doctor going outside to pick up printed prescription

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:49 pm
Having just remodeled my traumatology department to make the 2 doctor's offices smaller so I can put 3 in the same space, I moved my desk (with computer and big printer attached) around so that it was facing the wall - I just find it's usually quicker than the doctor needing to walk around the desk if it's facing towards the room. The printer is therefore in the corner of the room.

The doctor then let his first patient in with the new layout, treated her but then when he went to get the prescription from the printer, started to walk out of the hospital, around the back of the building and he's now picking up the prescription from outside, and presumably once I unpause he's going to spend another hour coming back into the hospital to deliver the prescription.

Once he's come back I'll switch out the big printer for the small printer, where (if I recall) the doctor collects the prescription from the front.

I'm surprised that the game has allowed me to do this - I wonder if I'd put the desk there and then added the printer afterwards if it would let me or not, but I haven't tested this. But the doctor definitely shouldn't be walking for an hour around a building to pick up a prescription from outside!

Edit: not using any mods
Attachments
[RESOLVED]Doctor going outside to pick up printed prescription Attachment
game04.zip The moment he's collecting the prescriptionYou don't have permission to download attachments.(4.3 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
autosave_H11.zip The last autosave before, when you can more clearly see he's outside the buildingYou don't have permission to download attachments.(4.3 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
output_log.zip Output log plus screenshotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(330 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED]Doctor going outside to pick up printed prescription Empty Re: [RESOLVED]Doctor going outside to pick up printed prescription

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:11 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
robsassy wrote:Having just remodeled my traumatology department to make the 2 doctor's offices smaller so I can put 3 in the same space, I moved my desk (with computer and big printer attached) around so that it was facing the wall - I just find it's usually quicker than the doctor needing to walk around the desk if it's facing towards the room. The printer is therefore in the corner of the room.

The doctor then let his first patient in with the new layout, treated her but then when he went to get the prescription from the printer, started to walk out of the hospital, around the back of the building and he's now picking up the prescription from outside, and presumably once I unpause he's going to spend another hour coming back into the hospital to deliver the prescription.

Once he's come back I'll switch out the big printer for the small printer, where (if I recall) the doctor collects the prescription from the front.

I'm surprised that the game has allowed me to do this - I wonder if I'd put the desk there and then added the printer afterwards if it would let me or not, but I haven't tested this. But the doctor definitely shouldn't be walking for an hour around a building to pick up a prescription from outside!

Edit: not using any mods

Hi and thank you for your report and also for catching this. It must have slipped trough our fingers during testing. It will be fixed in the next patch:)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum