Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Toastmantom
intern

[Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky Empty [Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky

Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:22 am
I recently came back to the game after a hiatus and noticed that the title fonts are looking weird (See screenshots). Not a gamebreaker, obviously, but it doesn't look when everything else in my hospital is so neat and tidy.

I'm playing on a Mac with no mods.

Thanks.

[Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky Screen10
[Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky Screen11
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky Empty Re: [Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky

Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 am
Hi, thanks for the message and also - welcome to the forums!

This problem seems to be caused by some changes in OSX Catalina and while we currently don't have a way to directly fix this in game, there's the following workaround a few players have successfully used:

The issue seems to be resolved locally by copying all versions of the Arial font from the main System/Library/Fonts/Supplemental folder to your user ~/Library/Fonts folder (you can access this with the Command+Shift+L shortcut).

Let us know if this helped!

Here's also a discussion about this topic on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/0/1742260496277478728/

Toastmantom likes this post

Toastmantom
intern

[Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky Empty Re: [Mac OSX Catalina WORKAROUND] Fonts look wonky

Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:05 pm
That worked! Thanks for the quick response. Really enjoy this game!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum