Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
pvaccarello
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map

Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:47 pm
Hi, the game jumps a few seconds after loading a saved hospital. It works perfectly well with other saved games. I attach the damaged map file.
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map Attachment
output_log_3.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(178 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
DAMAGED_MAP.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.8 Mb) Downloaded 3 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map

Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi, thanks for the update - well, the save seems to work ok on our side and looking to the log file, there are once again some slightly different error messages from the graphical subsystem, so it seems to be pretty similar to the crash we were looking at in the second forum thread.

I've done some more research in the meantime and there's one more thing we can try, which is to run the game using a different graphics API than DirectX 11. Unfortunately it gets a bit more complicated as only DirectX 11 is enabled in the recent versions of Unity by default, so I'll need to make a new version of the game to be able to test this - I'll let you know when it's ready for testing and show you how to switch the graphics system on Steam. Hopefully this will solve the issues for good.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map

Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:00 pm
Ok, so, if you're still on the bold-text-fix branch on Steam, the game should update and then you can try to set a startup parameter in SET LAUNCH OPTIONS in Properties: -force-glcore

This way the game will run using OpenGL instead of DirectX 11, so hopefully, if the issue was specific to DirectX 11, it will work better. I've also found that for similar problems in other games the workaround was to use DirectX 9, but unfortunately it hasn't been supported in Unity since 2017, so OpenGL seems to be the current option.

Let us know what results you get!

[NEED MORE INFO] Crash when starting a specific saved map Force-10
pvaccarello
intern

Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:54 pm
Hi, I followed the setting you proposed and the game started but after about 1 hour it crashes. This time an error pop-up appears. I am attaching it to you.
Attachments
output_log_4.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(61 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
error-nvidia.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(37 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:53 am
Hi, thanks for the update! Well, this starts to look more and more like a hardware/driver issue. I found one more workaround you try though in this specific case (published this year which could be a good sign), switching the GPU to performance mode in the NVIDIA control panel:
https://thegeekpage.com/fix-nvidia-opengl-driver-detected-a-problem-error-code-3/

If it doesn't make a difference, feel free to remove the startup parameter (depending on which way seems to be more stable on your side).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum