Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mattes
medic

[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption  Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:04 pm
Hi,

I was building a second floor to my  new sandbox hospital, when I encountered an unexpected behaviour:

Since I wanted to establish a secondary building, I messed around a bit with the planning functions and prefabs for various departments. After a bit of placing down and Ctrl+Z I decided it was not yet the time for a secondary building. Instead, I started planning the First floor of said building.

I already had a few things up there; a biochemical department and a common room. When I went to place down another prefab, I noticed that the location where I had messed around previously was showing up like there was a floating floor there. Not paying it any mind, I went to place down the prefab, and missed by one square off the side of the building. So I went to press Ctrl+Z, as per usual. But it didn't seem to get rid of the entire prefab. In fact, it seemed like the objects in the prefab had shifted one additional square off of the building, onto the street. To make it more precise, while there was first only a chair and some wall decoration hanging over, now the was standing over the edge too.

When I went to delete the extraneous objects, the delete tool at first did not seem to obey my command. Usually, you just click or drag a box over an object, and then it is deleted. However, in this instance I had to first drag the box the objects, and then click again to confirm the deletion. When I then went to delete the overhang where I misplaced the prefab, the dynamite tool started working the same way, except it didn't even let me delete the floor and I got stuck in the tool itself, unable to select anything else. So, I decided it was time for a reload. I saved without problems, and when I went to reload the file I got this:
[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption  Screen10

Save file is attached. I am playing with all DLCs active.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption  Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:01 pm
Hi Mattes, thanks for joining the forum and letting us know about the issue!

As we haven't heard about any problems with building mode in quite a while, it looks like there's some very specific situation most likely related to undo that you managed to discover. If you encounter any similar issues again, do you think you could attach the log file from the game to this thread? There should be more info about what exactly went wrong and we'd like to find out more.
Btw, do you play with any mods?

While it seems that your attachment somehow didn't get uploaded, I'm afraid that the error message simply means that the save is incomplete. Could you check if you have a recent autosave that you can continue from?
Mattes
medic

[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption  Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption

Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:35 pm
Huh. Strange, it doesn't let me attach it for some reason. "Uploaded file is not valid: invalid attachment name."
Well, I've uploaded it via google drive for now, so that should work now without any issues. Well, if the Forum let me post the link. You'll have to piece together the link, unfortunately.

1D_CghSAkSrmUkHoS-1GkAmh3kdb9hd2C/view?usp=sharing

I only found this logfile which I attached. Since I have not yet started a new game, this should be that same logfile associated with this save. I am not running any mods.

Regardless, thank you for your reply, and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox Savegame Corruption  Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(3.1 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum