Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
gogogadgetkat
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug

Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:44 am
The last sandbox game I played was a year ago, but I picked Project Hospital back up this week and started a new save. However, my Internal Medicine surgery room, as well as that whole floor, is inaccessible because of a problem with the elevator. The game tells me the elevator is blocked or inaccessible but no matter what I do, I can't figure out why. I even changed the doors on the surgical room, scanned the whole rest of the floor and the building, moved other doors, moved items. I started a brand new sandbox game and encountered the same problem. I started a new sandbox game with the other big hospital layout and discovered the same problem with two x-ray rooms. However, my year-old sandbox save does not have this problem.

I do not play with mods.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:20 am
Hi, thanks for the report and welcome to the forums!

We'll be happy to look at the details, could you please upload the affected save? (You can use the "Reply to topic" button to get to the file upload dialogue, here's how to find the files: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t717-how-to-report-bugs)

There are different reasons why a room might not be accessible, from walls and objects to the areas marked 'staff only', but as you mention you spent a lot of time troubleshooting it, the save will be the best shot for us to figure out what's wrong and if this is a bug or not. Thanks in advance! Smile
gogogadgetkat
intern

[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:32 am
I'm so sorry! I thought I had attached it but forgot to hit "Submit." I'm sure this is some little thing I missed but I appreciate you taking a look as it is affecting both Sandbox mode big hospitals, even in new games!
Attachments
[NEED MORE INFO] Sandbox mode big hospitals elevator bug Attachment
Sandbox mode big hospital bug.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:37 am
Hi, no worries, we're happy to help! But I'm afraid we'll need to do one more round of uploading. Smile What I had in mind is one of the zipped saved games that you can find in the Maps folder.
The log file doesn't show any errors btw, so probably a good sign. Smile
gogogadgetkat
intern

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:48 am
I misunderstood, my apologies!
Attachments
Broken Elevators 2.zip brand new game with the same problemYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
New Sandbox.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.7 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
SandboxBig.zip My save from last year with no issuesYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2.1 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Hi, thanks for the saves! Hopefully good news - in all cases I'm looking at some parts of rooms are blocked off, so adding extra doors should fix it on your side:

"Broken elevators" save and the radiology rooms - both rooms have a section that can't be accessed
"New Sandbox" save - there's a smaller section of the operating room, probably a storage, which has no door

Let me know if it helped!
gogogadgetkat
intern

Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm
So far it looks like that's resolved the issue! Is there any reason all the big, pre-built Sandbox hospitals in my game load in with those missing doors?

Thanks so much for your time!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:42 pm
Hi, while some of the campaign levels have a few problems introduced by design, the sandbox levels should be fully functional, so honestly - looks like nobody has noticed. It's actually quite funny, for example the big hospital with two long connected buildings must have had the issue with the radiology rooms for a whole year without both us and the whole player base coming across it. So, once again thanks for reporting it - and we'll be fixing it in the next patch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum