Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DeepPoseidon
medic

[MODDED] Micro-Stutters Empty [MODDED] Micro-Stutters

Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:31 pm
Hello I made a post on the steam forms revolving around micro-stuttering I am experiencing in the game where the game would freeze and lose 10 - 15 frames before un-freezing and jolting you around the map while getting progressively worse as you play to the point where I have to exit the game and restart it. So I was told to upload my log file here so you guys could have a look and possibly tell me what is causing the stuttering. Bare in mind I do have a few mods. But the stutters do still happen without the mods.
Attachments
[MODDED] Micro-Stutters Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(506 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

Last edited by DeepPoseidon on Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[MODDED] Micro-Stutters Empty Re: [MODDED] Micro-Stutters

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:15 pm
Hi, thanks a lot for joining the forum to share the details!

I've gone through the log file, there's some useful info about the amount of resources that get loaded plus one warning that was logged every frame for a moment (we'll need to double-check that), but generally it shows the game running normally.

From your description it looks like you're seeing some unusually bad effects of memory garbage collection, which is a normal process in any Unity/C# game. In Project Hospital it's noticeable as small stutters, but these shouldn't really disrupt gameplay. Having double-checked it in a big hospital, it happens a couple of times per minute (depending on the hardware) and you can see it when moving around the map, but not to the point of affecting the camera movement.

The general rule is that the more memory an application uses, the longer this process takes, so it might explain why it's worse on your side as the game can be using up to twice the amount of memory when modded. A quick question though so I have a better picture - how many employees/patients do you have in the hospital/are you close to the employee limit?

Btw, let me give you a bit of good news - we're testing some texture memory optimizations for the next patch, so there's a good chance the behavior will improve with these as well.
DeepPoseidon
medic

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 pm
Normally my employee count is roughly around the 90 - 100 mark and I normally get around 70 - 90 patients a day.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum