Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zane_H
intern

[RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear Empty [RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear

Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:36 pm
Overhang Foundation Disappears

Was trying to make an overhang for my ER entrance, did it like normal and of course it work liked normal. But then the entire overhang disappeared. I tried restarting the game as well as load other saves but alas, same thing. If anything this bug now makes it impossible to do sky bridges

UPDATE: After some testing around it seems this issue occurs when using the foundation build tool. It’s as if using the tool to build new foundation cancels out that previously placed overhang foundation. I attached a video for a visual of what is happening.
Attachments
[RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear Attachment
trim.C1B08C4C-CA7A-472E-84C1-A0F733416E0A.MOV You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Mb) Downloaded 9 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear

Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:28 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hi, thanks for the report and finding the details! It looks like you've run into a limitation of the building system - the roof is indeed always cropped to the shape of the floor below, so it probably shouldn't even allow the use of the foundation tool. I'll check if this is something that can be still easily (and safely) changed.
Zane_H
intern

[RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Overhang Foundations Disappear

Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:54 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:Hi, thanks for the report and finding the details! It looks like you've run into a limitation of the building system - the roof is indeed always cropped to the shape of the floor below, so it probably shouldn't even allow the use of the foundation tool. I'll check if this is something that can be still easily (and safely) changed.

Awesome, I’m happy to hear this is an issue being looked into! If you need any additional information please let me know, and if you do manage to get this issue under wraps I’d really appreciate it if you could let me know as well, I’d love to start getting creative with my builds again!
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:14 pm
Hi, no problem, a fix will be most likely included in the next patch - but, FYI, the patches haven't been very frequent recently as we're getting less and less bug reports over time, so it's probably not worth it to base your short-term plans for your hospitals around this particular fix. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum