Go down
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

How to report bugs Empty How to report bugs

on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:12 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Hi all, here's a few pointers on how to report issues in the game. We're trying to fix all bugs you come across, so a good detailed report really helps! Smile

Generally - if you come across the game freezing, a problem with placing of tools or furniture, non-working game mechanics or characters getting completely stuck, please let us know!
Please create a new topic here under Bug reports and attach whichever files are relevant (a form to attach a file shows up below the text editor window).

To make the report as useful as possible, please try to add all the following:

• Clear description of the issue
  • Screenshot or a video
  • Saved game  (it's usually still possible to save, the game also autosaves twice a day or every hour, so an autosave file from a couple in-game hours earlier can help too)
    - Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\maps
    - Linux: /home/USERNAME/.config/unity3d/Oxymoron Games/Project Hospital/maps/
    - Mac:  /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/unity.Oxymoron Games.Project Hospital/maps
  • Log - remember to compress/ ZIP gamelog, to be able to upload it to the forum
    - Win: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\output_log.txt
    - If you have problem accessing the hidden AppData folder, try entering %AppData% in windows explorer
    - Win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Project Hospital\ProjectHospital_Data\output_log.txt (older versions, before 1.0.14398)
    - Linux: /home/USERNAME/.config/unity3d/Oxymoron Games/Project Hospital/Player.log
    - Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note for playing with mods:
While we try to have a look at every bug, it's unfortunately not realistic for us to install similar set of mods for each save and of course while we love to see all the new content modded in, playing with mods is always at YOUR OWN RISK. Smile
Sometimes we'll be able to investigate the problem according to the log file or screenshots, but we can't guarantee we'll be able to help, especially it can often be one of the mods responsible for the issue.

Here's a completely made up example of a bug report:

Description:
A doctor got stuck on a toilet after being fired.

Repro steps
I fired a doctor named Bobby Slob from my emergency department, working at one of the Doctor's offices, while he was going to the loo. He got stuck on the toilet and never left, clicking any buttons in his card didn't help. He's still sitting there while all the other staff have left after their shift ended.

Notes: if the issue concerns a character and you're attaching a saved game, don't forget to mention their name!

Attached

• Saved game
  • Autosave from when the doctor is still ok (can potentially be really helpful)
  • Screenshot with doctor's card open and the poor doctor in the view (especially if there's no save game)
  • Log from the game

Last edited by jan.oxymoron on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
keneda45
medic

How to report bugs Empty Re: How to report bugs

on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm

The patient remains stuck in the mri room. I have built another mri exam room but the patients are not invited back. The doctor stays on his computer.
Medic_956
medic

on Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:26 am
Your pathway for save files in windows does not appear to be accurate in Windows 10 (or it's just me). But I don't have the "AppData," inside my user name files. I'd love to upload a bug if you can help me.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:52 am
Medic_956 wrote:Your pathway for save files in windows does not appear to be accurate in Windows 10 (or it's just me).  But I don't have the "AppData," inside my user name files.  I'd love to upload a bug if you can help me.

Hi, the AppData folder can be hidden, can you try typing %AppData% in windows file explorer? That should get you there, other option would be to enable hidden files ("Show hidden files, folders, and drives" in file explorer options).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum