Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Antonius Maximus
resident

[RESOLVED?] Game won't let me switch to the day shift when assigning employees at night Empty [RESOLVED?] Game won't let me switch to the day shift when assigning employees at night

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 am
I wanted to add a new janitor for the day shift, but I can't switch between day and night shifts. When I click on the day shift button, the game only makes the invalid selection sound (I'm hovering the mouse over the day shift button, as seen from the tooltip.

Steam screenshot:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/antonius_maximus/screenshot/948465460545784125
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED?] Game won't let me switch to the day shift when assigning employees at night Empty Re: [RESOLVED?] Game won't let me switch to the day shift when assigning employees at night

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:43 am
Hello - thanks for the report - could you please upload your saved game file and output_log - it will be very helpfull for us to figure out what is wrong Wink
Antonius Maximus
resident

[RESOLVED?] Game won't let me switch to the day shift when assigning employees at night Empty Re: [RESOLVED?] Game won't let me switch to the day shift when assigning employees at night

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:34 pm
igor.oxymoron wrote:Hello - thanks for the report - could you please upload your saved game file and output_log - it will be very helpfull for us to figure out what is wrong Wink

Everything starts working correctly, if I just load up a previous save. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug since. Where can I find the output_log? It's not under \AppData\LocalLow\OxyMoron Games\Project Hospital\.
dorianmode
fellow

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
You are locked from changing shift when you're hiring for a specific slot in a workspace. Might this be what you were experiencing?
Antonius Maximus
resident

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:25 pm
dorianmode wrote:You are locked from changing shift when you're hiring for a specific slot in a workspace. Might this be what you were experiencing?

That must be the case. The game could give more feedback on why I can't switch shifts, so there's some room for improvement.
dorianmode
fellow

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:52 pm
Improved tooltips and feedback would help immensely, for sure. Glad I could help with this one Smile
bialislaw
resident

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 pm
It is a real bug.

I've encountered it more than 10 times over 3 days. Every time I've checked that I was in fact not trying to hire someone to a one-shift-type-only workspace. It simply plays an "invalid sound" when trying to switch to the other.

It happens often when trying to replace multiple employees during the same game pause (common practice since every night there's a new set of employees available to hire). A combination of mode switching (game, building, management) as well as changing departments and going in and out of different modes usually solves it (sometimes it's just a few clicks, sometimes it takes minutes of switching back and forth). Game reload only works IF I go out of the management mode (to building or game) and THEN save from that point, and reload back in, however I need to exit to desktop - reloading from menu won't do it.

I know this isn't very helpful. If it happens again I'll provide a full bug report.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum