Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Achmard
intern

[RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue Empty [RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:02 am
Summary: Radiology night shift tech ignores waiting patients until he is reassigned to other room. Save file attached.

Detailed Description: I have a single radiology x-ray night shift tech. He's been seeing patients at night with no issue until recently. Now patients just sit in the waiting area while he is idle. I can fix it by reassigning him to the 2nd x-ray room at which point he immediately sees the patient. The next night the issue happens again with the 2nd room, and I can resolve it by reassigning him back to 1st x-ray room. So every night I have to reassign him to the other room before he will see waiting patients. Both rooms have the same waiting area. During the day, both rooms have radiology techs and they are working just fine.

[RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue X-ray_10
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:37 am
Hi, thanks for the save and welcome to the forum!

The issue doesn't manifest itself after loading the save, so I'll try to run it for a couple of ingame days to see if it happens on our side as well. One explanation would be that some of the equipment could end up still (incorrectly) reserved by another patient that went there for an examination before.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Radiology Night Shift Issue

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:56 am
Hi, so far no luck reproducing the issue on my side, the room/radiologist have been working normally for three nights so far.

Whey you see it happen again, could you please attach also the log file (there might be some warning messages with more info) and check the following?
- Does the radiologist have a patient on the patient list in their card?
- If you switch to building mode (equipment page for example), is anything in the room marked as green?

Thanks in advance!
Achmard
intern

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:09 am
Thanks for the quick reply!

I did something that seems to have fixed it but I don't know why. I preemptively did the room reassignment before the first night patient arrived at the waiting room and now the issue hasn't occurred two nights in a row.

To answer your questions:
- No other patients on the radiologist's patient list.
- Only items marked as green in building mode were the waiting room chair and the radiologist's computer. X-ray machine was not green.

If you still need the log file, I'll need your help on how to get it.
Achmard
intern

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:27 am
Update: It just happened again, so it's not fixed like I thought. New information is that it doesn't happen every night.
Achmard
intern

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:41 am
More information:

- I noticed sometimes patients go straight into the x-ray room without sitting in the waiting room. The ones that do sit in the waiting room are the ones that get stuck.
- When the day shift starts and both rooms are staffed, the waiting patients only start using the 2nd room (the one that was not staffed during the night shift; i.e. the one to which I would have reassigned the radiologist in order to fix the problem). Now the 1st room stays stuck during the day shift for waiting patients.

Why do some patients go straight in without sitting in the waiting room first? Maybe that has something to do with it.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:02 pm
Hi, thanks for the update! The patients going straight to the x-ray examination should be normal, it's just to save a bit of a time when the room is free, but we'll keep an eye on this in future testing.

Btw, reading your notes - is it possible that this is limited to patients that are already waiting there by the time the shifts change?
Achmard
intern

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:09 pm
No, there aren't any patients sitting in the waiting room during the shift change. I typically see the problem well into the night shift when the first patient sits in the waiting room.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi, thanks for the details! I have an update as well, while I couldn't see the issue in the latest development version, the problem is indeed present in the game on Steam. This should be good news, as we'll just need to find the fix/difference and make sure it makes its way to the next version. I'll give you an update when we know more.
Achmard
intern

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:31 pm
That's great news! Hopefully it'll be easy to spot the problem when comparing the development and release versions.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:02 am
Hi, a quick update - we're already testing a fix, unfortunately it seems that one of the small improvements in the patch had this unfortunate side effect. Once again thanks for spotting the issue!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum