Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Tritium
resident

[OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming Empty [OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:29 am
So, i made a particular configuration for my hospital: first floor TC connected to the "main" hospital through a narrow passage. The idea was to set it with a "patient on invite" corridor to allow a transfer with stretchers from TC to wards/other departments.

Since that, the AI decided he had to go through that corridor, ignoring any other route, becoming stuck and so on.
Removing the corridor fixes the problem, but i filmed it to show how idiotic (no offense) is this AI in deciding what route to take.

Since i hit "record" it has been the bug fest. Here's the list step by step

Min 0:00 --> Wrong orientation of patient on stretcher
Min 0:15 -> i change the corridor from "staff only" to "on invite" for video purposes
Min 0:29 -> First stuck patient (Sarah Davis)
Min 0:41 -> AI glitching on what to do
Min 0:50 -> I show the other entrance. Completely ignored
Min 1:02 to 1:34 -> At this point the game decides to troll me. I remove the corridor, it "unstuck" the patient, which decides to "fullfill her needs", using the other entrance (...) going 2 inch away from an elevator, IGNORING this elevator to go out, make the longest path ever, to go to the other elevator which brings her to her destination which was easier to reach with the first elevator
Min 1:36 -> Bonus clip: a shiton of people stuck in the elevator, to add some flavor

The corridor thing is an isolate case and a stretch of rules, i'm not even arguing that. But if you watch this clip and still think the paths the AI takes have no problems, i have a bad news for you...

Rant/off : Keep on with the good work fixing this. 4 patches in a week havent been passed under the radar Wink
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:42 am
Hello - thanks for the report - could you upload ave game file and output_log file as well? it will be more helpful Wink
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:23 am
(The forum just ate my last post :/ )

Looking at the video, we should have enough info to reproduce the problem on our side - it's true that the multi-floor navigation system isn't the simplest of things and can be still a bit fragile in some specific cases. Smile
Tritium
resident

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:06 pm
Cant attach log file. Here's the map
Attachments
[OPEN LOW] More inefficient AI roaming Attachment
TEST.zip MapYou don't have permission to download attachments.(922 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum