Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Technologist / Nurse Specializations Empty Technologist / Nurse Specializations

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:38 pm
So... I'm playing a game where I only employ interns with no specializations. But I've noticed a few things. Technologists that I pop in a lab never learn a specialization. They can't move on to radiology, cardiology or advanced biochemistry. Is it supposed to be like that or did I do something wrong? Have I got to move them into the new room for the specialization to kick in? What's up with that?
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

Technologist / Nurse Specializations Empty Re: Technologist / Nurse Specializations

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 pm
I've actually never seen any staff level up. According to the ingame help texts, staff will learn their first specialization on reaching rank 2, and doctors will learn their second specialization on reaching rank 4 (only doctors can reach rank 4 and 5, so only doctors have two specializations).

I don't know if leveling up even works, or if it just takes a long time to level up. But if you find staff that is level 2 without a specialization that would be a clear bug.

Please be aware that the job level is not the stars at the top of the employee file. The stars represent happiness and are an average of the 4 mood categories on the right. The level is below that.
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Technologist / Nurse Specializations Empty Re: Technologist / Nurse Specializations

Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 pm
Levelling up does work. I took an intern (Level 1), levelled him up to level 2 and switched him to General Surgery. Placed him in GS and on level 4 gave him the Surgeon specialization so that he could then go and work in theatre.

I've not seen nurses get specializations or technologists, that's kinda annoying me. Or I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I have to change their profession. X-Ray techs have all the specializations, as do receptionists. I just don't know how to get intern level nurses and technologists to learn them...

Maybe I'll report it as a bug
cTrix
cTrix
fellow

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:38 am
You can enable displaying XP gain in the options. Maybe nurses just don't get XP for doing their job?
After all the only job nurse interns can really do is transport. Maybe transporting just doesnt give any XP
sgcouk
sgcouk
fellow

Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:49 am
The Nurses gain XP, but like the Technologists, once they level up no specialization is available to them. So I can't say hire an intern and then train them up for surgery. I consider it a bug that it doesn't activate the options and have reported it. I've included an example. Have a look at the hire screen, any level 2 Technologist would have a specialization (Radiology, Advanced Biochemistry etc.), mine doesn't.

Technologist / Nurse Specializations Techno10
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum