Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jessejaxson
intern

[OPEN CRITICAL] Mac crash with steam Empty [OPEN CRITICAL] Mac crash with steam

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:58 am
I'm trying to run the game through steam on a Mac and am having issues where I crash basically after making any real action in the game.  This line from the log is bugging me:

Project Hospital/project_hospital.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib, error: dlopen(/Users/zl/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Project Hospital/project_hospital.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Users/zl/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Project Hospital/project_hospital.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Users/zl/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Project Hospital/project_hospital.app/Contents/Plugins/steam_api.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib'

I'm attaching the whole log.
Thanks.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN CRITICAL] Mac crash with steam Empty Re: [OPEN CRITICAL] Mac crash with steam

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm
Hi, thanks for the report and sorry about the issue - looks like a specific problem with steam libraries on OS X 10.10 - could you please confirm that's the version you're also using?

We'll try to implement at least some form of a workaround, although it will most likely mean disabling steam functionality in this specific version of Mac OS X, for now I'm afraid the best idea might be to refund the game on Steam and get the GOG or Humble version which can't be affected.

Note for future reference - here's a thread about the still not resolved core issue:
https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steamworks.NET/issues/205
jessejaxson
intern

[OPEN CRITICAL] Mac crash with steam Empty Re: [OPEN CRITICAL] Mac crash with steam

Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:25 pm
Yes 10.10.5 is my current version. I've been planning to upgrade, so I'll do that first and see how it works.

Thanks.
jessejaxson
intern

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:48 pm
Updating my OS appears to have solved this. Thanks!
neofusion
intern

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm
Seems like that bug has been fixed in the Steamworks.API linked above now.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:40 pm
neofusion wrote:Seems like that bug has been fixed in the Steamworks.API linked above now.

Great, what a timing! We'll update the libs for the next patch.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:12 pm
Hi, we have an update - the Steamworks.API fix got reverted, as the OS X versions affected by this issue won't be even able to run Steam client by January. So the general recommendation is to upgrade OS X as soon as possible.

Starting on January 1 2019, Steam will officially stop supporting macOS versions 10.7 ("Lion"), 10.8 ("Mountain Lion"), 10.9 ("Mavericks") and 10.10 ("Yosemite"). This means that after that date the Steam Client will no longer run on those versions of macOS. In order to continue running Steam and any games or other products purchased through Steam, users will need to update to a more recent version of macOS.

The newest features in Steam rely on an embedded version of Google Chrome, which no longer functions on older versions of macOS. In addition, future versions of Steam will require macOS feature and security updates only present in macOS 10.11 ("El Capitan") and above

Steamworks.NET is officially unsupported on 10.10.x and below.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum