Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Butch
attending

XML files in mod folder not overwriting original XML  Empty XML files in mod folder not overwriting original XML

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm
I'm trying to make a mod that changes examinations. When I change the values in the original Examinations.xml (no mod just editing the orginal file), the changes I want work perfectly when I load the game. When I try to make this into a mod I fail terribly. I followed the documentation tutorial step by step and the game even recognizes that I have a mod registered in the main menu. However, for some reason the edited Examinations.XML that I have in my mod folder doesn't overwrite the original Examinations.XML in the main database. When I load the game, every single examination (except Interview) is grayed out and the doctors can't carry out any of the exams. When I scroll over the grayed out exams it says "missing equipment" and "missing doctor" even though that's clearly not the case.

Again, when I edit the original XML file in the main database, everything works fine. When I try to keep the original xml unchanged and add a mod folder, the changes are not going through. What am I doing wrong?
Butch
attending

XML files in mod folder not overwriting original XML  Empty Re: XML files in mod folder not overwriting original XML

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:13 pm
Could it be because Examinations.XML is in the "Procedures" sub folder?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum