Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Butch
attending

How to Set Criteria for Hospitalization in the XML Files? Empty How to Set Criteria for Hospitalization in the XML Files?

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:24 am
So here’s my situation. I’m currently working on a mod that aims to provide a little more realism to hospitalization. I edited the examinations XML to allow doctors to perform a wide variety of examinations at the bedside of patients inside regular and HDU wards. Everything is working silky smooth and I love how much I’ve cut down on nurses pushing stretchers around. I’ve also changed the priority weighting of almost every exam to mimic the real life work up of patients in hospitals. Im very pleased with the results so far but there’s one thing that is bothering me. Clinic patients that require lab tests such as blood sampling, bacterial cultivation and PCR sampling are wasting too much time waiting outside my labs for their results. The issue is simple; each time the clinic doctor orders a lab exam, the patient will leave the clinic, go to lab, wait for the results, go back to the clinic and que to see the doctor again. If the doctor still hasn’t diagnosed the patient and orders another lab test, the patient repeats the whole loop all over again. So sometimes I run into situations in a busy hospital where clinic patients that require 2 or 3 lab tests are spending no less than 6 hours just waiting outside of a lab. That’s not counting time spent waiting to see the clinic doctor again after a lab result. A lot of times they just get fed up and leave the hospital.

What I would really like to do is make it so that any patient that requires multiple lab tests from a clinic is sent to ER observation. The reason I want to do this is because hospitalized patients can have multiple lab tests sampled (and then most importantly tested simultaneously) for them while they wait in their beds without having to do each exam one by one. Unfortunately I haven’t managed to find anything in the XMLs that can determine when a patient is sent to Observation. In a perfect world, clinic doctors should be able to behave like ward doctors and take multiple samples at the same time and THEN sending the patient with all lab requests to the labs.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I really want to find a work around this inefficient clinic labs situation.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum