Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
vonMoo
medic

[OPEN LOW] HDU patients read too many books, surgical nurses work on wards. Empty [OPEN LOW] HDU patients read too many books, surgical nurses work on wards.

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:10 pm
This is a duplicate of my steam bug report, from this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/868360/discussions/1/1746773321966689291/
I've also added extra information and a save file.

So patients read books for entertainment, which is great. And my HDU is full of immobile patients who want books, so nurses get books from the shelves and take them over to patients in their beds. So far, so good. But each patient seems to need lots of books every day, because my nurses seem to be spending half their time carrying books around the HDU.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to limit the number of times that a patient gets a book delivery to once or twice per day?
Also, the text in the staff card just reads "performing" while the nurses are doing this job.

Here's a bug relating to this. My dedicated surgical nurses also deliver books in the library HDU, even though they are assigned to surgery only and even work in a nursing station on a different floor. I've attached two pictures below.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2018834538
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2018834620

To add to the report I made on steam, I've attached a save file and done a little more testing. I have four dedicated surgical nurses during the day shift, but only two of them seem to deliver books on the HDU. The nurses who do this are Robyn Anderson and Maureen Forsyth. The other two day shift surgical nurses seem to act normally.

Also in my regular ward, patients don't seem to be using their bookshelves at all.

Hopefully this is useful.

Thanks for taking the time fix issues and make regular updates.
Attachments
[OPEN LOW] HDU patients read too many books, surgical nurses work on wards. Attachment
vonMoo Bug.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(4.1 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[OPEN LOW] HDU patients read too many books, surgical nurses work on wards. Empty Re: [OPEN LOW] HDU patients read too many books, surgical nurses work on wards.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:41 am
Hi, thanks for the message and reporting the problem also here on the forum!

There's indeed an obvious issue, the nurse's roles don't seem to be taken in account, so we'll be fixing that straight away (so for example surgery nurses don't get selected, only nurses with patient care should be available for this 'activity').

There are also some values that control how the system is balanced that we could change, but I'll need to discuss these with the designers first.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum