Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nickythenick
nickythenick
resident

[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface Empty [NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface

Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:42 pm
I'm playing at 1280×800 on MacOS in Russian, and here are some issues with my marks. I attach only screenshots because save files are not relevant here.

1. Main menu is not fit the screen even with autoscale on. And I even can't move things around. It looks awkwardy.
[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface 01_mai10

2. Arrows on the main panel are overlap the star rating + it would be nice to have an option to move or hide scenario brief.
[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface 02_int10

3. Header spacing with this font is so low there is hard to read something (top ellipse). Also there is a strange break in low ellipse (the colon isn't fits the subheader frame I guess).
[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface 03_mix10

4. Sometimes description is also overlaps the borderline. But it blinks for ok and not_ok when the cursor or camera is moving.
[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface 04b_te10

5. The Doctor's Mode side panel isn't fits the screen + it would be nice to have an option to hide its blocks like an accordion or something.
[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface 05_doc10
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:14 pm
Hi, thanks for the detailed report - after checking the game on our side in 1280 x 800 I fixed the default scale of the bottom panel, I think it was tuned for 1366 x 768 when it comes to these lower resolutions on laptops, so the arrows will be fixed in the next version.

The default scale for the user interface seems correct though, so what you're seeing with the doctor mode panel and main menu is most likely caused by increasing the UI scale in options too much, unfortunately with all the information that the game needs to fit on screen there's not a lot of room to increase the scale on the small screens.

Interesting point regarding the font - cyrillic seems to look worse on Mac, so we'll need to check if there's anything on our side we can do to improve it - am I correct that the font looks better in normal style compared to bold (texts look better than the headings)?
nickythenick
nickythenick
resident

[NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO] Some issues at lower resolution & interface

Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:48 pm
jan.oxymoron wrote:am I correct that the font looks better in normal style compared to bold (texts look better than the headings)?

Not sure if its bold or regular in headings (looks like regular but widen) but yes: text is quite ok and the heading letters are too close to each other. But not only the cyrilics: as you can see, letters of Lisa Moore name on screenshot 3 are also overlaps.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:20 pm
Ok, I think you're right - and changing all the texts on Mac from bold to regular is probably the best step at this point (we already have the system in place for east-Asian languages on all platforms), we'll test it a bit and hopefully we'll be able to include it in the next patch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum