Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Has anyone else encountered this bug?

2 - 50%
0 - 0%
2 - 50%

Total Votes: 4

DocShack
intern

[RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use Empty [RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use

Sat May 09, 2020 11:18 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Description:
Seats in the study room are not freed up after training has ended, reducing maximum capacity.
The affected seats stay highlighted as "in use" in Building Mode and cannot be moved or deleted.

Repro steps:

1. Build essential parts of hospital, add admin department then zone and furnish training room.
  2. Schedule training, unfortunately I don't know if this only happens at certain occupancy levels.
  3. Wait for training to be concluded, then wait for trainees to leave and arrive home.
  4. Enter Building Mode and notice one or more of the seats are highlighted in green.

Notes:
I've had this happen for save games with five and six seats. I'm not sure about the limit for seating capacity in the training room and if or how it's enforced.

/edit 09.05.2020 19:28 CEST:
I was able to resolve this by poking around in the game save and removing the glitched objects, but I didn't carefully examine the individual flags for the entities. Maybe if I get hit by this again I'll look into this to automate a fix and present my findings in this thread.
I've got to say, savegame editing got a lot easier in the last 15 years - last time I had to break out a hex editor.  Shocked

Attached:

• Saved game
  • Log
  • Cropped screenshot in Building Mode

Last edited by jan.oxymoron on Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : See /edit 09.05.2020 19:28 CEST)
Moon1754
intern

[RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use

Sat May 09, 2020 5:11 pm
Same exact problem.

Description:
Seats in the study room are not freed up after training has ended, reducing maximum capacity.
The affected seats stay highlighted as "in use" in Building Mode and cannot be moved or deleted.
People hang on chairs and do not leave.

Attached:
Saved game
Log
Screenshot

Used original DLCs and addon from the workshop, correcting the error of incorrect perception of the weather inside completely enclosed spaces (exposed to weather) "Zero Exposure Debuff"

Last edited by Moon1754 on Sat May 09, 2020 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moon1754
intern

[RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use

Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 pm
UPD

Some stuck workers were able to stir up by switching the shift to day / night.
But the problem with busy chairs remains. These chairs cannot be removed or moved.
Added a screenshot with the problem of chairs and later saving the game.

The new file output_log is swollen up to 271 mb and cannot be added here.
DocShack
intern

[RESOLVED] Study room becomes clogged with seats in use Empty Here we go again...

Mon May 11, 2020 11:21 am
Hello All,
I've noticed that the issue returned after I fixed the save, I'm appending the log and the gamesave.
Feedback from a developer would be appreciated!

Cheers!

//edit 11.05.2020 13:00 CEST:
I've extracted an example for regular and corrupted state for y'all.

Last edited by DocShack on Mon May 11, 2020 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Appended the corrupted and regular state excerpts for easier comparison.)
ja.oxymoron
ja.oxymoron
developer

Mon May 11, 2020 1:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks for reporting this. I couldn't reproduce the issue*, but I see the blocked empty chairs in the training room. So even without pinpointing the exact cause of the issue, we can fix that by checking if the chair is in active use and clearing it when it's not. This will be in the next patch.
Another thing I've found in your first save is that you've added "staff only" area to the training room and the training was not inaccessible because of that. Study room should be staff only by default and employees should always be allowed to go there. That's another thing we'll be fixing. Until the patch, please keep the training area accessible to both patients and staff.

Also "People hang on chairs and do not leave." will be fixed.

*I've tried many days of trainings, tried to schedule training on different hours(so that the training will/won't end on the last hour of the shift), full study room, only one employee in training etc, but I got no more blocked chairs than you already had in your save. Could you add some more info on how that happened?
DocShack
intern

Mon May 11, 2020 1:55 pm
Hello Ja,
thanks for picking this up!

I'm stumped on how this happens too, the game very stable - no crashes yet. Have you tested the following:

0. Training takes 8 hours, clinic hours end at 20:00. Room is at capacity.
1. Schedule a training starting at 14:01
2. While the training is being completed on the next day, schedule another training for a different employee.

Not sure how common this is and how well it's tested, but I'm almost continually in the fastest time mode. Maybe it's a race condition when the game is sped up?

Good hunting!
UnionOffender
UnionOffender
intern

Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
DocShack wrote:Description:

/edit 09.05.2020 19:28 CEST:
I was able to resolve this by poking around in the game save and removing the glitched objects, but I didn't carefully examine the individual flags for the entities. Maybe if I get hit by this again I'll look into this to automate a fix and present my findings in this thread.
I've got to say, savegame editing got a lot easier in the last 15 years - last time I had to break out a hex editor.  Shocked

That did the trick! didn't think savegame would be so clear written.

For everyone else who can't or won't wait for a fix from devs:
1. Start the game and load your savegame.
2. Rotate the map the way it was by default when you first started a map. That way, your right side will be X axis, and the left one Y axis.
3. Grab a wall builder and pull it from the right edge of the map to the object that is blocked. Before releasing, check how much tiles it says the wall will be long, and add +1 (you are adding 1 because you can't build on border tiles of the map, but that tile still counts). In my case, screenshot 1 shows wall length of 30, I add +1, so my X axis will be 31.  (screenshot 1)
4. Repeat (3.) from the other edge, so you get your Y axis. (screenshot 2)
5. You can now exit the game.
6. Go into your C:\users\YOURUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Oxymoron Games\Project Hospital\maps folder. There you will find all your saves. BACKUP your save just in case. Then open that zip, and there will be three files. You are looking for YOURSAVENAME.xml ("YOURSAVE" being whatever you called your savegame, of course)
7. Open your save game .xml file with Notepad++, Notepad or any other code or clear text editor.
8. Press CTRL+F on your keyboard, or click Search > Find... in menu.
9. Enter <m_x>YOUR-X</m_x> ("YOUR-X is obviously the one you found in step 3, in my case <m_x>31</m_x>) and click search until you find the one which has the corresponding Y written underneath (in my case "<m_y>35</m_y>" ). You can double check if this is your object by scrolling a little bit above the coordinates and see what GameDBPointer ID is (in my case it says <GameDBPointer ID="OBJECT_DLC_CHAIR_OFFICE" />).
10. Now, select that whole "<EntitySave>" wrapper and delete it. (this is where Notepad++ can come handy, as it shows you what belongs to what, and indents the code). So, delete everything from that <EntitySave> to </EntitySave>, including them.
11. Save your .xml file.
12. Copy it back in YOURGAME.zip, accept overwrite, and put your .zip file in "maps" folder where you first found it.
13. Start the game again, and load your save.
14. - VOILA! That freakin' chair is gone!

p.s. Sorry for a long post :S
ja.oxymoron
ja.oxymoron
developer

Tue May 12, 2020 12:20 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
We've identified some problems in the code which could've caused the issue and it should be fixed in the next patch.
Moon1754
intern

Tue May 12, 2020 5:35 pm
Suggestions-Attempt to catch an error:
1. Try to overload the trainees' turn - send more than available places.
2. Try to send employees to training at once for several courses (specialties) and when reporting the completion of one course, immediately rearrange (add) others (already studied).
3. Try to enlarge the room and add more chairs and a projector for training.

My assumptions about the error with the occupied chairs:
1. When there is a shift of night staff to full-time (and vice versa) having several courses for training.
2. When for one employee who has completed a shift (but not completed training) transfers a chair (a place for training) to an employee from another shift.
3. When changing employees between shifts, the second one is late or arrives earlier.
4. I play at second speed and often switch to first. I also often use pauses at both speeds. At the onset of 8.00, 00.00 and 20.00, the game is conceived for a few seconds, and then continues to work stably. Maybe something happens at the time of the hang.

+1 one new game save with chairs mistake:
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed May 13, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi, hopefully all the known issues should be now fixed in the Hotfix version we just released on Steam - I'm marking this thread as resolved, if you still come across any problems, let us know!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum