Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tenpastnein
resident

[MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged Empty [MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:54 pm
I've experienced some issues with lab technicians these last few days; they'll stand at counters collecting items looping over and over for many real-time minutes (video attached). They also seem to stop dead randomly and just freeze for large periods of time (quite often for some in game days, which means their needs and satisfaction severely decrease). I've only noticed this with lab techs; clinicians, nurses and patients are fine. This is paralysing my hospital as nobody can be diagnosed. Again, I've attached images. I also have attached logs and the save file I'm using. Hope this helps!

Edit: Because the upload limit is 3 files, the output log can be found here: https://gofile.io/d/5FHeav
Attachments
[MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged Attachment
VID_20200722_214857.mp4 Video showing looping animationYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.8 Mb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged Empty Re: [MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:50 am
Hi, thanks for the report! I'm looking at the save an it looks like you're playing with quite a few different mods installed - it's quite likely that one of them or a combination is responsible, as we haven't seen this/heard about a similar issue in the vanilla game.

The log file will be the best shot to identify the issue, unfortunately gofile.io seems to be erroring out at the moment - could you please try to reupload it here? You can use the "Reply to topic" button to get to the upload dialog again. Thanks in advance!
tenpastnein
resident

[MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged Empty Re: [MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:37 am
Hi Jan! Of course, here's the log file:
Attachments
[MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged Attachment
output_log.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(948 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by tenpastnein on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't see previous post!)
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi, thanks for the log file! There's nothing conclusive there, but a few bits that I'd like to double-check.

In the meantime, could you try to add another sample storage to your lab/labs and see if it makes a difference? Although if it does, it wouldn't explain why this started recently - is it possible that the workload of the labs just increased heavily as the hospital grew?
tenpastnein
resident

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:57 pm
Before seeing this I tried firing all staff in that lab and hiring new ones but the problem continued. I then added in roughly 8 more sample fridges and things seemed to get better. One suggestion I would have would be highlighting the 'key' equipment for each lab; in my histology lab I managed to reduce the workload from critical to low by replacing glassware with microscopes. Perhaps it could be a system like in Airport CEO, where the number of 'claimed' jobs are shown against the number of staff to show any deficit in equipment or in staffing levels. Another idea would be to give more detain on exactly where in the testing process a patients test is ie 'Sample collected', 'Test running', 'Results ready for collection'. I'll write up a post for the suggestions forum at some point.
[MODDING NEED MORE INFO] Lab Technicians Bugged PHp3AW1
Image 1: Example of more in-depth staff system

Regarding the hospital, I built it all in one ie I built all departments, staffed them up and then started playing the game. I certainly did underestimate the load on the stat labs and I had doubled staffing to try and alleviate the bottleneck as it was affecting my entire hospital. Ideally, I'd expand the labs but unfortunately I have 9 floors filled and any more than 9 floors breaks the game, which is a shame! For now, it seems solved though with the new sample fridges.
tenpastnein
resident

Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:57 pm
Oh my lord the forums bugged out and posted this so many times, I am so sorry!

Last edited by tenpastnein on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum