Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
caekdaemon
medic

[NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof? Empty [NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof?

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:31 pm
Seems I must've ran into a bug or something in my first ever hospital build: I'm trying to add another floor onto my hospital (I want to move my traumatology department upstairs and set up the hospitalization section of emergency on the ground floor) but when I press the button to add a new floor, the game instantly duplicates the entire profile of the building. That wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for this:

[NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof? 20201010

When I try to use the bulldoze tool to get rid of the sections of roof that I don't want (I just want a small piece of the building on the new floor for now), it doesn't actually delete them - it just turns them into roof tiles that you can't actually get rid of - bulldoze, dynamite, neither of them can get rid of it.  I'm half tempted to try and track down the sprite and just delete it there, but I figure it'd be better to report this as a bug so it can get an actual fix Razz
caekdaemon
medic

[NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof? Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof?

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 pm
I did an experiment with deleting the sprite from the game, which gave some odd effects, but it was after restoring the sprites that I realized that this isn't a bug, just a little something in need of some explanation in game because it makes less sense than it seems: when you create a new floor for the hospital, the game actually creates two floors, not one - the first is the floor that you'd expect with the rooms and so on, the one above that is the roof. To delete sections of the roof, you have to delete sections of the foundation on the floor below. Once they have been removed, you can then delete the roof of the floor above. This let me sort my problem out straight off, as it allowed the upstairs to be split into separate pieces without any problems.
ondrej.oxymoron
ondrej.oxymoron
developer

[NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof? Empty Re: [NEED MORE INFO]Impossible to bulldoze Roof?

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:52 am
caekdaemon wrote:I did an experiment with deleting the sprite from the game, which gave some odd effects, but it was after restoring the sprites that I realized that this isn't a bug, just a little something in need of some explanation in game because it makes less sense than it seems: when you create a new floor for the hospital, the game actually creates two floors, not one - the first is the floor that you'd expect with the rooms and so on, the one above that is the roof. To delete sections of the roof, you have to delete sections of the foundation on the floor below. Once they have been removed, you can then delete the roof of the floor above. This let me sort my problem out straight off, as it allowed the upstairs to be split into separate pieces without any problems.

Hi and thank you for your report. And yes it is not actually a bug, but part of the design and its like you are writing. When creating new floor, it will create new floor with a roof above. And in order to delete part of the floor you have to be on that floor. When you remove part of that floor, that part becomes the roof (should be removed from the roof above, is that not the case for you?)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum