Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
defeatedbythecat
intern

Any plans to rework the shift change? Empty Any plans to rework the shift change?

Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:17 am
The mass walkout and then the wait for the next shift to arrive at the hospital is a little odd. Could the incoming staff not begin to arrive half an hour before their shift is due to start?

It's not a major issue and I guess that because staff are tied to the rooms they work in, the room has to be empty before they're allocated to it.

The game is great and the realism is what drew me in, but every single staff member turning up late for work does break the immersion somewhat!
Reese
resident

Any plans to rework the shift change? Empty Re: Any plans to rework the shift change?

Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:01 am
More likely the technical blocker is that having both employees (oncoming and offgoing) active at the same time (pathing, responding to collapses, etc) would require up to (worst case) twice as much computation, so the same computer would support half as many max employees if some kind of handoff report shift change were implemented.

That said I think it would be a great change so maybe the devs will consider some clever solution to minimize the cpu burden of an improved shift change.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum