Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Blizzrd003
intern

[QUESTION] Patients not being assigned Empty [QUESTION] Patients not being assigned

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:26 pm
Hello, this new save file is making playing the game impossible. Please help me, I don't want to rebuild my game.

Description:
Mode: Sandbox mode.
All patients are assigned to only one doctor. Even nurses and radiation techs won't serve patients. Also, the multiple patients are bugging and sitting only in one spot.

Repro steps
Firing that one doctor only passes the problem to another doctor. Leaving only one doctor at night didn't fix the problem.

Attached
Saved game

Screenshot of one doctor at night not taking in patients.
Screenshot of multiple patients sitting in one spot.

Please help me cuz this is really frustrating. I've had issues like this months ago and I've just recently played the game again.
Blizzrd003
intern

[QUESTION] Patients not being assigned Empty Re: [QUESTION] Patients not being assigned

Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:11 pm
Hey, I think I managed to fix it by changing the corridor in front of the doctor's offices from "corridor" to "waiting room". I'm not sure if that's part of some update but I don't remember that being a requirement.

If you could still look into the issue, that would be great.  Very Happy
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Patients not being assigned Empty Re: [QUESTION] Patients not being assigned

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:30 pm
Hi, thanks for your message and the save (I downloaded and deleted the attachment to save space on the forum). Yes, the game expects a waiting room to be placed next to the diagnostic rooms it belongs to, IIRC they shouldn't be more than 7 tiles apart, otherwise it will only be assigned to the closest room. We chose this proximity-base approach to avoid having to link rooms together by hand in some management mode view.
Btw, one waiting room can serve multiple doctor's offices/diagnostic rooms and should distribute patients more or less evenly.
Blizzrd003
intern

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:17 pm
Thank you so much! 

I managed to drag the waiting room all the way to the offices and just cut it off with a corridor. Works perfectly fine now.  Very Happy Thanks again Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum