Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
raki_can
raki_can
attending

[QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor Empty [QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor

Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:02 pm
[QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor 00211

I stop in challenge mode at 8am on the first day, demolish everything and then redesign.
And in most cases, a two-floor hospital will be completed, but if you build an elevator, the elevator, floor, and ceiling will automatically be built on the third floor.
Oddly enough, if all the foundations on the 3rd floor have been demolished, even though the elevator planner doesn't show anything on the 3rd floor,
When you actually install an elevator, the elevator will appear.

Don't make unnecessary bulges in my hospital. It annoys me.
Attachments
[QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor Attachment
循環器チャレンジ.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor Empty Re: [QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor

Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:26 pm
Hi, I can see the issue when taking such a creative approach to the challenge levels. Unfortunately, there's currently no way to remove a floor completely, once it has been built, the game remembers it's there, even if it is completely empty. I'll see if it would make sense to try to include something like a floor removal button in another patch, but it would be a relatively complicated feature, especially all the checks when removing a floor should be allowed (no stuff, no people, no people in elevators), plus translation to all languages.

If you'd like to try to work around this for now by editing your saves by hand, I can try to test it on my side and write down some instructions, let me know if you're interested!
raki_can
raki_can
attending

[QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor Empty Re: [QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:23 am
Indeed, if the floor presence flag is removed before "people who were on the 3rd floor just go out / no reserved objects / all objects are deleted" there Anything left in will definitely be the source of the error.
But I think it's strange that the reserved objects and people don't really exist and the elevator sticks out there even after removing everything that's on that floor with the dynamite tool.
When the dynamite tool completely removes the entire floor, it is completely empty, with no floorboards.

Moreover, I'm still a little skeptical of your remarks.
Suppose you have an elevator planner on the first floor (which connects to the outside), something is left on the second floor, and the third floor is all empty with dynamite tools.
In such cases, if it is outside the foundation remaining on the second floor of the designated area of ​​the elevator planner, it will be shaded to indicate that there is no foundation there.
However, on the 3rd floor "Completely Deleted Floor", the elevator planner does not display anything.
As you say, if the game recognizes that there is a floor there, why does the elevator planner avoid it?
I'm really dissatisfied with the inconsistency between the elevator planner's behavior and the actual construction, which ultimately results in undesired results.
Anyway, it seems strange that you can't remove a floor you no longer need.

I have already cleared most of the challenge levels, but I still have something to clear.
I don't want to feel the same dissatisfaction every time. I want to know the procedure that can be done now.
Perhaps before doing that I waited for all reserved objects and people except the elevator to disappear on the 3rd floor,
Then I need to pause the game, remove the elevator and completely empty the floor before saving, right?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:04 pm
Hi, so - I managed to put together and quickly test the steps to remove the floor in an existing save that you can use on your side. You'll need only a text editor, it will help to have one good at editing XML files (like for example the free Notepad++).

- First, unzip the big XML from the save file to the same "maps" folder and load it in the text editor
- It helps to collapse the different sections until you see the list of <FloorPersistentData> blocks
- Delete the second last one (not the last one, the last one is the roof) and all its contents, if you collapsed the view to look like in the screenshot, this means deleting just the selection as shown

[QUESTION] Elevator and floor will be built on the 3rd floor Floors10

- Save
- You should be now able to load the xml save in game (it's not necessary to put it back to the zip file, but you can do that too)
- You might want to use the foundations tool to fix the roof

Hopefully this gives you the result you're looking for - and after holidays I'll try to have a look if we can for example add this to the ingame debug/test tools to make it easier to use. Btw, in the save attached here it worked even without any modifications to the building in game.
raki_can
raki_can
attending

Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:58 am
Thank you for your reply.
I have already cleared the cardiology challenge level, so I tested it in my next neurology challenge.
It worked fine and I removed the elevator protruding from the hospital.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum