Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
msc999
intern

[RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner. Empty [RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:55 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The map moves to the upper top corner, and if I try move it down, it just moves upp again.
It makes the game unplayable.
Reese
resident

[RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:55 pm
Hi there, just downloaded today and I am having the same issue.

Specs:
Windows 10
Direct3D:
   Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
   Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ID=0x1be1)
   Vendor:   NVIDIA
   VRAM:     8081 MB
   Driver:   24.21.13.9835

Repro:
Start any tutorial or sandbox

Expected:
WASD, arrow keys, or middle-mouse button allow free camera movement

Actual:
Camera immediately moves to top of screen (sliding along upper edges to reach top corner). "S" key (vertical (-)) overcomes this and moves the camera down, but upon release the camera returns to the top of the screen. Other controls (zoom, primary mouse, other keys) seems to work as expected.

Attempted resolutions:
- Restart game
- Restart PC
- Uninstall/re-install
- Change resolution
- Toggle "windowed" mode
- Toggle Vsync
- Rebind camera controls to other keys
- Plug/unplug peripherals (game controller, mouse)
- Windows 8 compatibility mode

So far none of these have any effect. Let me know if there are other user-side resolutions to attempt.
Attachments
[RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner. Attachment
output_log.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(6 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Reese on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Attaching log)
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner. Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:49 am
Hi, sorry about this and thanks for reporting!

Most likely caused by a connected controller, like in this report: https://projecthospital.forumotion.com/t730-open-other-controllers-taking-precident-over-mouse - so, as a workaround please try to unplug any gamepads and restart the game.
DerpFox
intern

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 am
Hello, I have the exact same problem except two things.

-For me its the down corner of the map.
-I have no controller installed.

Unfortunatly I can't unplug that controller as its already unplugged. My controller to work on some games that need an xbox 360 controller use some sort of Xinput emulation, maybe it come from there.
msc999
intern

Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 am
Hi

I don't own a controller or joystick so this can't be the reason.

br.
Michael
jonald
medic

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 am
Can also say that I have the same issue with the lower corner of the map as well - no other controllers installed
1313e
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:18 am
I have the same problem as well.
I do know however that my mouse (Madcatz RAT Pro X) itself is sometimes recognized as a controller by some games (quite a few Ubisoft games have this problem) instead of an actual mouse, mapping all additional buttons to what usually appears to be an Xbox controller.

I tried unplugging it and using a regular mouse, which does fix the issue, but obviously it is not something I would like to do (since my usual mouse it much more precise).
Reese
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:35 pm
Interesting, I do use a mouse with special software (Logitech G602) and sometimes a gamepad (Xbox360), however starting the game with both unplugged and relying on my laptop's track pad does not fix the issue.
msc999
intern

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm
Did work for a short time, but now am am back to the begining.

jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 pm
Hi all, we'll be publishing the first patch shortly so I'll be kindly asking you to check it the attempted fix helped on your side.
Land
medic

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:22 pm
Hi

I'm having the same problem, but have a workaround for this by assigning all axes new.

In my case, the reason of the move is a "Virtual Joystick" installed by the Headtracking software FaceTrackNoIR.
I can't deinstall it, and I don't want to even if I could. I also have a "X-Box controller" and a "Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X" joystick plugged in. But I know it's the Virtual Joystick causing this in my case because the game did it even when both physical controllers were plugged out and the game was restarted.

1. Why can't I simply unassign an axis, so no axis is assigned? I haven't found a way to do this. This is standard. Implement it please.
2. Why appear the same commands multiple times? I talk about "Fire 1", "Fire2", "Fire3", "Jump", "Horizontal", "Vertical" and "Submit".
  2a. What do they even mean? Reads like controls for a EgoShooter game.
  2b. Why do those appear a second time when you already can assign "primary" and "secondary". Bug?
3. The whole "Input" key/axis assign GUI and functionality does not leave the impression that much thought was put into it at all. Rework that please.
3a. I would expect key/axis binding functionality ingame
3b. Don't try to assign each found axis automatically. Or if so let me unassign them (not only reassign)

See the attachement.

That whole thing left a bad taste for my first impression of the game.
Attachments
[RESOLVED] Map move to the upper corner. Attachment
ph_Input_double_commands.png screenshot of my input. Sadly the Windowsize is fixed (change that please), so I had to do a compilation of screenshots.You don't have permission to download attachments.(313 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:25 pm
Land wrote:Hi

I'm having the same problem, but have a workaround for this by assigning all axes new.

In my case, the reason of the move is a "Virtual Joystick" installed by the Headtracking software FaceTrackNoIR.
I can't deinstall it, and I don't want to even if I could. I also have a "X-Box controller" and a "Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X" joystick plugged in. But I know it's the Virtual Joystick causing this in my case because the game did it even when both physical controllers were plugged out and the game was restarted.

1. Why can't I simply unassign an axis, so no axis is assigned? I haven't found a way to do this. This is standard. Implement it please.
2. Why appear the same commands multiple times? I talk about "Fire 1", "Fire2", "Fire3", "Jump", "Horizontal", "Vertical" and "Submit".
  2a. What do they even mean? Reads like controls for a EgoShooter game.
  2b. Why do those appear a second time when you already can assign "primary" and "secondary". Bug?
3. The whole "Input" key/axis assign GUI and functionality does not leave the impression that much thought was put into it at all. Rework that please.
 3a. I would expect key/axis binding functionality ingame
 3b. Don't try to assign each found axis automatically. Or if so let me unassign them (not only reassign)

See the attachement.

That whole thing left a bad taste for my first impression of the game.

Hi, thanks for writing this down, we have the first patch up already with an attempted fix, hopefully it works now regardless of the plugged-in peripherals.
Reese
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:32 pm
Don't try to assign each found axis automatically. Or if so let me unassign them (not only reassign)

A lot of the complaints you are listing come from pre-configured things in unity. As time goes on the devs might disable those and replace them, but by default unity's OS wrappers attemt to auto-detect things. Lots of commands are bound to virtual inputs, which unity auto configs saving devs the work of setting up for all situations. Obviously there is (was? I havent tried the patch yet) a bug in the PH code, but most of what you are taking issue with are unity built-ins.
Reese
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 pm
@jan.oxymoron

Post patch this is working as-expected for me. Unless msc999 is still seeing the issue you can probably close this one out. Thanks for the super quick turnaround!
1313e
resident

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:16 pm
@jan.oxymoron This patch solves the problem for me as well.
Thanks, I cannot wait to play the game when I get back home tonight.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:18 am
Hi, happy to hear, thanks for the confirmation everybody!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum