Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
dorianmode
fellow

[QUESTION] Prestige weighting by department Empty [QUESTION] Prestige weighting by department

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:52 pm
My ICU has a prestige rating of 2.5 stars on a particular day, since no patients have been admitted. Other departments (Emergency, Radiology, General Surgery and Internal Medicine) have ratings of 4 stars or above. My hospital rating ends up at around 3.5 stars.
From this, I'm guessing the overall hospital Prestige is something like a simple average of the department star ratings, which means my overall prestige is pulled down by the ICU in this case.

This seems odd, since ICU currently has four employees, and no patients, against other much larger higher-rated departments. I am considering admitting patients to ICU simply to raise this rating, which doesn't seem to be what you intended.
I understand that even the staff who are not busy should have an effect on prestige, but this seems overstated when the relative size of ICU is taken into account. Paradoxically, if more patients were collapsing, my prestige would likely rise as more patients were admitted to ICU... This also doesn't seem to make much sense in terms of rating the success of the hospital.

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, and I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Last edited by jan.oxymoron on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added star rating examples)
dorianmode
fellow

[QUESTION] Prestige weighting by department Empty Re: [QUESTION] Prestige weighting by department

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:13 am
Even just being able to get the ++ (No) dead patients bonus would help Wink
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Prestige weighting by department Empty Re: [QUESTION] Prestige weighting by department

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi, the prestige value is computed slightly specifically for ICU and Radiology, for ICU it puts more weight on the satisfaction of staff compared to 'standard' departments. The no dead patients modifier applies as well, but might take a day to apply as it also checks patients from the day before.
dorianmode
fellow

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:52 pm
Understood - prioritising staff satisfaction as of now. Thanks for the explanation!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum