Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bratliff121
resident

[QUESTION] Prestige Seems Wrong Empty [QUESTION] Prestige Seems Wrong

Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:34 pm
Issue:  Prestige appears to be calculating incorrectly.

Repro:  Unsure.  I've seen it happen a couple of times now, but I do not know how to recreate the problem.

Other Notes
I'm not sure if this is an actual bug or if it's just a misunderstanding.  Either way I think the prestige display could be vastly improved.  As it is currently it can be difficult to track down exactly what the problem is in a certain department.  In this particular case however it appears that all of my departments are at full prestige, but the hospital overall is not.  Issue was not resolved by reloading or restarting.  The first time I noticed this it did resolve itself later which makes me think this is more of a player communication issue than a mathematical one in the code.

Attached
Save file
Log
Screenshot of the issue
Attachments
[QUESTION] Prestige Seems Wrong Attachment
Work_7.zip Save fileYou don't have permission to download attachments.(1.7 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
output_log.zip LogYou don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20200224162205_1.jpg ScreenshotYou don't have permission to download attachments.(422 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Prestige Seems Wrong Empty Re: [QUESTION] Prestige Seems Wrong

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:31 am
Hi, thanks for the detailed report - and you're right, it looks like the current indicators for 'global' reputation bonuses aren't exactly easy to decode. We'll probably change the display to something like this (and yes, the cause is simply having negative bank balance):

[QUESTION] Prestige Seems Wrong Presti12
bratliff121
resident

Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:56 pm
Thanks for the response!  Good to know that a negative bank balance has that effect.  I actually don't mind the existing panel, my bigger problem is just the lack of detail when I try to figure out how to improve my prestige.  Especially when it comes to staff happiness.  I can tell that they aren't happy, but it can be very difficult to figure out sometimes how exactly to improve that.  Do I need more break rooms or amenities, do I need more staff to lighten the load, etc.  Also being able to see the global modifiers (like a negative balance affecting it) would be hugely helpful.  This is the first time I've heard about that but it makes sense to me.  I think the overall system is good, but the feedback to the player makes it feel like a black box to me. Also now looking at it I see the "Bonus budget money" line and I assume that refers to the actual amount of money the player has. I would recommend changing the wording to "Bonus from cash balance." I had never really known what the "budget money" was. I think that change alone would help a lot (at least for english speakers, this game seems very popular with lots of other languages too so it may make more sense as is for other languages).
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:46 am
Hi, thanks for the suggestion regarding the text, it makes perfect sense (although it will mean tweaking the UI so it doesn't overflow).

In the meanitme here's a few more pointers about where to find more details about what affects prestige at different departments:
- There's another tooltip linked to the star rating of individual departments in the left panel in management mode (I assume you're using this one)
- For individual characters, check the tooltip of their overall satisfaction and the different modifiers
- If you have a look at the department statistics tab/page in management card, there's a section with most common modifiers for both staff and patients, this can help identify overall problems

bratliff121
resident

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:32 pm
Yes I've been using all of those and now that I understand the money was affecting it I've gotten my hospital back to 100%. Another suggestion that I think would be helpful is for the individual departments to show their most common positive and negative modifiers. Since it only shows the top 3 or so modifiers I had some issues with my lab staff that wasn't showing up and I had to go hunt down all of them and check them individually. I think that would be tweak that would improve the usefulness of the panel. Also I totally get wanting to avoid having to tweak the UI (not my favorite part of Unity).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum