Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MikeKoder
intern

[QUESTION] Can't Admit to Regular Ward from TC. Empty [QUESTION] Can't Admit to Regular Ward from TC.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:23 am
Had a patient come into the Trauma Center with abdominal pain. Turns out to be Gallstones. However, I can't admit her to the regular ward to await surgery because "Patient is already in a ward of equal or higher priority." Why does that matter? Her condition is not life threatening and would only need regular hospitalization. But my only choices are HDU and ICU, which is silly.

I then had a patient come in with chest pains. He started to collapse so I admitted him into the ICU. Once I stabilized him I wanted to perform an EKG, but couldn't because it was the wrong department. So I was going to transfer him to cardiology, but I couldn't because "Patients in ICU can only leave once treated." Luckily Heart Monitoring worked well enough to find he had an underlying arrhythmia, which I'm going to assume was ventricular tachycardia as no other arrhythmia is that life threatening. But once a patient is stabilized they should be able to be moved to a "lower" priority ward.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. If not, this mechanic needs reworked.
dorianmode
fellow

[QUESTION] Can't Admit to Regular Ward from TC. Empty Re: [QUESTION] Can't Admit to Regular Ward from TC.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 am
Admission to regular ward from TC requires a change of department.

The point about patients being stuck in ICU is well-reported in this forum.
igor.oxymoron
igor.oxymoron
developer

[QUESTION] Can't Admit to Regular Ward from TC. Empty Re: [QUESTION] Can't Admit to Regular Ward from TC.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 pm
Hello!

To hospitalize patient on Regular ward / HDU you need to choose department. If the final diagnosis was Cholelithiasis, you should change department to General Surgery and then pick up Laparoscopic surgery as treatment. Hospitalization on Regular ward would be automatic.

Regarding arrhytmia / ventricular tachycardia thing, you just need to accept that Project hospital could not be 100% simulation. We had to accept too many compromises and simplifications during developing process to improve the gameplay on the one hand and to be playable by larger audience on the other hand. We know that there are many medical inaccuracies that could be misleading or false to people with some level of medical backround.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum