Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AndersFG
intern

Are critically ill patients able to use the Radiology department? Empty Are critically ill patients able to use the Radiology department?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Hi - first post here...

Really enjoying the game... It's what I've been searching for, for a long time. I really like it...

Question, though (and sorry, if it's a stupid one - I've just been wondering) - I've noticed, that critically ill patients - immobile, and gets transported to the hospital by ambulance and taken to the Trauma Center, aren't they able to be scanned, X-ray'ed etc?!

In short - are patients transferred to hospital through the Trauma Center, able to be X-ray'ed and/or MRI'ed or CAT scanned, for further diagnosis?

Maybe I've missed something or is this by design?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Last edited by AndersFG on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
AndersFG
intern

Are critically ill patients able to use the Radiology department? Empty Re: Are critically ill patients able to use the Radiology department?

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:00 am
Anyone?

I haven't been able to select CT/MRI/X-Ray as a diagnosis option, for patients in Trauma Center/ICU/HCU.
I'm sorry, but is this by design or a limitation?

Or am I missing something? Smile

Thanks a lot.
Mythykal
intern

Are critically ill patients able to use the Radiology department? Empty Re: Are critically ill patients able to use the Radiology department?

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:05 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hmm, I've just tested this and I seem to be able to send them to an X-ray room. The only things that I can think of is that A) there are no stretchers available; B) there's no staff at radiology or B) The patient is still in critical phase and they're focussing on keeping him/her alive first.
AndersFG
intern

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:25 pm
Mythykal wrote:Hmm, I've just tested this and I seem to be able to send them to an X-ray room. The only things that I can think of is that A) there are no stretchers available; B) there's no staff at radiology or B) The patient is still in critical phase and they're focussing on keeping him/her alive first.

Yes, I found out Smile

When a patient is located at the Trauma Center, the first job is to keep the patient alive and be stable. Afterwards the patient can be moved to Observation Room, HCU or Regular Ward. From there, they can go to Radiology department...

I'll do some further testing for this... But is seems to be working as intended.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum