Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elayan
intern

[RESOLVED] Patients suffering from Kidney Stones refuse treatment Empty [RESOLVED] Patients suffering from Kidney Stones refuse treatment

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:42 pm
Hi there,

I have this issue a lot and it took me a while to figure out the conditions under which it appeared, but here it is : if I have a patient, who is already assigned to General Surgery department, who I diagnose with Kidney Stones, as soon as the incoming treatment is Shockwave Litopsy, the patient leaves the hospital. He doesn't pay and is marked as an untreated departure (quite problematic during challenges...).

If the patient was diagnosed while in another department (Emergency), then moved to General Surgery, he waits until he can receive the Shockwave Litopsy treatment as he should.
If the patient is hospitalized, he also recieve the treatment normally.

As far as I tested, it doesn't matter if there is an available room or if the patient has to wait, or if he has other treatments planned after, he just leaves, as if he was too scared to go in there Laughing

So far, I work around this by taking the patients in hospitalization, but it's still an unnecessarily occupied bed.

Let me know if you need any further detail,
- Ela.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

[RESOLVED] Patients suffering from Kidney Stones refuse treatment Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patients suffering from Kidney Stones refuse treatment

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:39 pm
Hi, thanks for the detailed report (and also finding the localization issue)!

Shockwave lithotripsy actually requires the patient to be hospitalized to be performed (while it's not part of the game mechanics directly, the treatment is usually performed under sedatives/anesthetics so the patients need a bed in a ward where they can recover).
I assume this is only happening with player-controlled patients, so it looks the system allows you to select the treatment without hospitalization - we'll have another look at the rules and also what exactly the tooltips show/should show in this case.

Elayan
intern

[RESOLVED] Patients suffering from Kidney Stones refuse treatment Empty Re: [RESOLVED] Patients suffering from Kidney Stones refuse treatment

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:43 pm
I was indeed talking about player-controlled patient!
If the treatment requires a bed, that would definitely explains the issue! Very Happy (even if I did successfully performed Shockwave Lithotripsy (oopsie I wrongly memorized the words before haha) on walking patients... I'll check that, just to be sure).

But it seemed to me that, in other cases of treatment requiring hospitalization, a popup warned me that I should give a bed to the patient in order to have this treatment applied, and this time it didn't Surprised
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:49 am
Hi, this is fixed in the latest version, hospitalization gets automatically triggered when selecting any treatment that needs it.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum