Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Question about Symptoms and Treatments  Empty Question about Symptoms and Treatments

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:50 am
Hi,

I'm currently working on a mod to add an Oncology department but I have a question about Diagnosis vs Treatment, can you set multiple treatments for a single symptom or is this simply not allowed by the game?

I'm mainly looking for the interaction that the player needs to use two or more treatments to suppress one symptom (use two or more to treat the diagnosis). I think it would be cool to give the player multiple options to treat a single symptom but there would need to be some 'effectiveness' modifier, otherwise i'd assume the player would probably always choose whatever is the quickest/easiest option.

Thank you! Appreciate any help.
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Question about Symptoms and Treatments  Empty Re: Question about Symptoms and Treatments

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi, while we originally planned more possible treatments, this feature unfortunately didn't get implemented and only one is ever used or counts. As the main reason for multiple treatment was treatments-procedures requiring prior treatment-hospitalization, we ended up with HospitalizationTreatmentRef in treatments instead.
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Question about Symptoms and Treatments  Empty Re: Question about Symptoms and Treatments

Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:16 am
Hi Jan,

Just another question on this topic if I may, can I put two treatments on a symptom? I am looking for the interaction that either treatment will treat the symptom, the UI will naturally just show the last one which is actually perfect for what I have in mind (looking at adding in compatibility if a player is using other mods along with mine, so my mod can interact with other mods in a sense).

Or will this cause issues?
jan.oxymoron
jan.oxymoron
developer

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:27 pm
Hi, having a quick look at the responsible code - yes, the treatment should treat the symptoms that have it on their list when it gets prescribed/performed. It will be probably even available in the list in patient's card, but I'd definitely recommend testing this thoroughly. Smile

Just a note regarding the co-existence of different mods: if both mods introduce changes to the same records in the xml database, it's the one that gets loaded last that matters (the previous one gets overridden, just like the original game data).
sleepy068
sleepy068
fellow

Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:25 pm
Hi Jan,

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply, that sounds very promising.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum