Project Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
raki_can
raki_can
attending

Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered Empty Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:36 am
Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered 01110

This patient was found to have portal vein thrombosis, and fever symptoms were known at the time of visit.
Of the symptoms that may appear in portal vein thrombosis, thermometry only reveals fever, so there is no need to perform thermometry at all.
Thus, if all the symptoms that correspond to a particular test are known, then those tests should be removed from the list of available tests and only those that may find hidden symptoms should be displayed.
user947
fellow

Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered Empty Re: Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:03 am
I agree. Sometimes I have some patients whose diagnosis are very difficult, it takes a lot of exams to find out the correspondent diagnosis, and when I'm checking the symptoms at the diagnosis table, the exam I've already did isn't marked there.
Take a look at the picture, you can see my patient did a thorax x-ray and didnt reveal any symptom, but in the diagnosis table, the x-ray icon is black, this can be a little confusing. I think that the icon should be in another color to indicate that the exam was already made.
raki_can
raki_can
attending

Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered Empty Re: Disable tests for symptoms that have already been discovered

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:15 am
user947 wrote:I agree. Sometimes I have some patients whose diagnosis are very difficult, it takes a lot of exams to find out the correspondent diagnosis, and when I'm checking the symptoms at the diagnosis table, the exam I've already did isn't marked there.
Take a look at the picture, you can see my patient did a thorax x-ray and didnt reveal any symptom, but in the diagnosis table, the x-ray icon is black, this can be a little confusing. I think that the icon should be in another color to indicate that the exam was already made.

Well, what you are saying is a little different from my opinion.

“Reduce candidates when there are no essential symptoms of the disease found in a particular test” (this is your opinion)
"Remove unnecessary tests from the test list when symptoms that can be detected by a specific test are already known" (this is my opinion)
The two seem to be very similar, but completely different.

And there's already another topic about what you're saying. (Why isn't the game using rule-outs??? Evaluation not working?)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum